8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 jar creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup chocolate chips (to be melted)
4 cups confectionary sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips (not melted)
1. In stand mixer combine cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. On low speed add granulated sugar, and then turn off mixer.
2. Place ¼ cup chocolate chips in small microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for 30 second intervals stirring after each until thoroughly melted.
3. Pour into peanut butter mixture and turn on low speed. Gradually add 1 cup of confectionary at a time until combined, scraping edges occasionally. Finally stir in ½ cup chocolate chips and place in freezer for ten minutes to set up.
4. Line baking two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Take out batter from freezer and roll walnut sized balls.Coating:
3 cups chocolate rice Krispy cereal
1/4 cup confectionary sugar
1. Fill plastic zip bag with cereal and confectionary sugar. Close bag and shake well. Lay on counter and using something hard bang cereal into smaller crumbles; then set aside.
2. Put balls two at a time in zip bag, then close and shake until it is fully coated.
3. Place on baking sheets once coated. Allow to set up in freezer another 10 minutes.
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1. Right before the peanut butter chocolate truffles come out of freezer, melt the chocolate and shortening in microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals stirring after each until thoroughly melted.
2. Drizzle on top of truffles and place back in freezer for 5 minutes.
3. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator in air tight container for up to a week.